The Maine Course is Sodexo’s commitment to make a positive economic impact in the state of Maine through the purchase of local products, produce, services and responsibly harvested underutilized seafood from the Gulf of Maine. Through our daily menus, educational handouts, and inviting local farmers, fisherman and business owners to campus highlighting local Maine products.
- June 2015 - Creation of the Maine Course
Commited to purchasing 20% underloved GMRI certified whitefish at all Maine campus accounts by 2018 and 100% by 2020.
- January 2016 - Maeve McInnis appointed Maine Course Director.
- February 2016 - University of Maine Dining by Sodexo committed to 20% local food within first year of operation.
- March 2016 - Automated local foods tracking system
In assocation with Vermont First, distrubutors, and supply management.
- May 2016 - University of New England reached 100% underloved GMRI certified whitefish target ahead of schedule.
- May 2016 - Maine Course Leadership Team created.
- June 2016 - Internal baseline created of current local food purchasing trends to help form local purchasing strategy.
- June 2016 - The Maine Course and Vermont First represent their respective states at the Food Systems New England Summit in Bridgeport, CT.
- July 2016 - Maine Course Advisory Committee created.
- Increase purchasing of local Maine grown, harvested and produced products.
- Grow partnerships with our local community.
- Develop shared values and bring awareness of Maine products and sustainable practices to our customers in all dining locations.
- Provide Sodexo chefs and managers with the resources they need to expand their local impact.
- Increase purchasing of local Maine grown, harvested and produced products
- Grow partnerships within our local community
- Develop shared values and bring awareness of Maine products and sustainable practices to our customers in all dining locations
- Provide Sodexo chefs and managers with the resources to expand their local impact
- Purchase 20% local food within the first year of operations within the University of Maine system
National Commitments in Four Categories
- Develop our people and promote diversity
- Nutrition, health, and wellness
- Local communities