The Chef Summit
is a gathering of leaders of the food & beverage industry, restaurant owners, top chefs and mixologists at Sunday River January 26th
. Chef Summit Lodging & The Culinary Events sold out last year… book now and get the industry discount for Chef Summit Industry Session tickets & Sunday River Lodging. Stay tuned for further information on panelists, guest speakers, etc.
Industry Talks & Industry Apres Party,Thursday, January 26th
- Panel presentations on both near-term and long-term strategies to grow and prosper the food and beverage industry. Maine Course Luncheon by Sodexo & ProStart Fundraiser featuring Maine Food Products.
Market Place Practices and Advice,Friday, January 27th
– Hands-on demos & advice.
National Wild Blueberry Pancake Cook Off,Saturday, January 28th
– We’re turning national blueberry pancake day “Wild” with an all things blueberry pancake extravaganza from the land of Wild Blueberries.
Tasting EventSaturday Night January 28th-
A showcase of top NE Chefs & Mixologists cooking & mixing their Chef Summit
inspired recipes for 250 NE Food Fans.
Sunday River Lodging Information -
Contact Sunday River reservations at: 800-543-2754. Let the reservation specialist know you are looking for the “Chef Summit Industry rate”.
Ticketing Information for Industry Events:Industry Session Tickets $25.00 purchased by 1/1/17 & $40.00 Industry Lunch/Maine Course by Sodexo & ProStart Fundraiser Tickets $15.00Industry LuncheonNational Wild Blueberry Pancake Cook Competition - $15.00Wild Blueberry Pancake Cook OffChef Tasting Event Tickets $79.00 Chef's Tasting
Chef's Summit 2016, Photo by: Nicole Wolf for Maine MagazineIndustry Panel Topics – Prelim Topics for January 26th
Chef Summit Break Out Panels – 11 AM, 1 PM & 2 PM – January 26th
- Bright Spots & Bench Marks – Opening presentation with statement on the Market, Compelling Data on our market, Highlights of progress from Maine’s F&B/hospitality Industry.
- Recipe for Success – Closing presentation with focus on Defining The Future of Maine’s Hospitality & Food/Beverage.
- Flavor is King - Creating Flavor as the competitive edge to growth. How innovators have created flavor innovations to expand their products or restaurants.
- Food Town – How Food Entrepreneurs are leading the revitalization of “underloved” towns – Cases study Skowhegan/Madison & Tenants Harbor
- Exporting Maine - Leveraging the Maine Brand to Create New and Emerging Marketing
- Eating on the Wildside - Indigenous/Wild foods are trending How can Maine companies lead this trend and help establish responsible production and supply of Maine's Wild Indigenous foods?
- Power of Partnerships – Case study of companies forming alliances to grow companies and open new markets.
- Tips or No Tips - The combination of all the new wage laws and regulations present ever increasing operation challenges for ME restaurants.
- Drink ME - Maine’s Beverage Future, Opportunities & Challenges.
- Brand ME - Branding & marketing case study examples & strategy to build food/restaurant brands to consumers.