Are you interested in serving on the Maine Course Advisory Committee? We are looking for a few new members to join the committee specifically with experience in dairy farming, food safety, organic farming, fisheries, technical assistance.
ADVISORY COMMITTEE PURPOSE
The Maine Course Advisory Committee will support Sodexo’s Maine Course Initiative in realizing Sodexo’s goal of strategically increasing the purchase of Maine products across Sodexo’s Maine campus accounts.
The Advisory Committee is a tremendous ally in providing guidance to moving Maine Course objectives forward. The Advisory Committee’s primary role is to provide advice, not governance (governance happens at the Leadership Team level).
Of Advisory Committee:
• Providing strategic guidance in determining Maine Course objectives
• Challenging the Leadership Team to maintain compatibility with objectives through implementation of all initiatives and projects
• Assisting Sodexo in identifying and addressing areas of opportunity, potential risks and challenges, and emerging local trends
• Supporting the creation of partnerships, sponsorships, and other strategic linkages between Sodexo and other organizations
• Offer expert, focused insight, advice, and resources on topics and issues relevant to Maine Course
• Individual Committee members come to the Advisory Committee with a degree of consistency, longevity, and background knowledge that allows him/her to know enough and have enough interest that he/she can advise reliably on particular issues
Of individual Advisory Committee members:
• Review relevant material before meetings (materials to be sent out at least one week prior to meeting)
• Attend meetings
• Bring experience and expertise from the organization/business he/she represents, but also be able to think beyond that perspective
• Provide creative and innovative thinking for executing and achieving initiative goals
• Meetings on a quarterly basis
• Review documents and relevant meeting materials prior to meetings
• Ad hoc meetings as dictated by project needs
Term of Commitment:
• Minimum of 1 year term
• Maximum 3 year term
Seeking representation from the following experts (outside of expertise of Sodexo’s leadership team):
- a farmer who runs a conventional farm
- a farmer who runs an organic farm
- a value-added food product business owner
- a person with expertise in sales and marketing
- a distributor who distributes local products
- a person involved in creating or advising policy in Maine
- a dairy farmer
- a person with experience in meat (slaughter, processing, marketing, storage)
- a person with experience in research and data analysis
- a food safety specialist
- a person with intimate understanding of food hub operations (aggregating, storage, processing)
- a person who educates others about food and/or food systems
If this sounds like role you would be interested in playing apply here!
The application deadline is August 28th.